6 April 2021 // 18:00-20:00 // On Zoom // Register here
We will learn how to:
- get around in the software by learning the commands and interface - add new tracks to a project - add audio samples - add virtual instruments and create MIDI clips/import MIDI clips - add effects - change track names and colors - group tracks - change volume and panning, mute and solo tracks and use the mixer
- We will use a free virtual drum instrument (Sitala) to create a beat loop. We will learn how to load a kit into Sitala.
- We will learn how to make a pad sound by stretching an audio sample, pitch shifting it, layering it and processing it through effects (Spaceship delay, Valhalla Freq Echo and Valhalla Supermassive)
- We will learn how to reverse an audio sample and how to process it using Frohmage to create an eerie sounding instrument.
- We will learn how to export the piece we produced
N.B. The workshop will be conducted in a way where beginners will be able to follow along and where no previous skills or knowledge are required. Everything will be explained step by step.
Questions will be answered along the way whenever someone doesn’t understand something or has an issue applying the tasks.
Required software (available for Mac and Windows for free):
We kindly ask the participants to have the required software downloaded and installed prior to the workshop. If anyone have problems, they can attend to the workshop half an hour before, to get technical help with installation.
About Stephanie Merchak
Stephanie Merchak is a Lebanese/Belgian sound designer, composer, improviser and live performer with an academic background in music from the Higher National Music Conservatory in Beirut, Lebanese university/Pedagogy Faculty and USEK university/Musicology Faculty.